Sunday 17 June 2012

Moving On (Soon, I Hope!)

So, IUI#1 was a bust.  I'm not surprised, really, given our low numbers this cycle and the difficulty the doctor encountered in performing the IUI itself.  Still, there was a chance, especially given the fact that we also had well-timed sex in addition to the IUI.  Oh well.  Time to move on, and focus on the next cycle! 

Which I would love to do, if only my stupid period would show up already!

Another reason to hate prometrium.  Not only did it turn me into a crazy person for two weeks, and not only did it mimick pregnancy symptoms and thereby fuck with my head, but now, it is preventing me from moving on to my next cycle by keeping my period at bay.  I took my last dose Thursday morning and still, no sign of my period.  *sigh*  I want to get this show on the road already! 

The delay is particularly annoying right now because it is threatening to mess up a trip that I have been looking forward to for months.  We have an amazing waterfront campsite booked at one of the most beautiful parks in the province for Canada Day weekend.  I booked the site almost six months ago, and have been looking forward to it ever since.  Camping is one of my very favorite things - especially the first trip of the year (which this will be).  We have friends coming with us as well.  I am honestly SO excited.  The problem of course is the timing.  Depending on when my stupid period shows, we may need to cancel the trip, because I may need to be in the city to be monitored / triggered / inseminated. 

That's the thing about fertility problems, they're never exactly convenient, are they?!

 I will be taking Gonal-f for the first time this month.  I am hoping that it will cause me to be ready to trigger earlier than usual, in which case we may still be able to go on our trip, albeit with timed intercourse rather than IUI - which frankly, might not be a bad thing.  If I am not ready to trigger before we would otherwise leave for the weekend, I am not sure that they will "let" me go.  Can I skip the trigger when using Gonal-f, and just wait to ovulate on my own?  I have never had issues ovulating, so I would think that it might be okay.  That said, I have also never used this drug before, and I do not yet know much about it.  Is it necessary to trigger when using it, to avoid over-stimulation? 

Lots of questions for my doctor at my day 3 appointment I guess.  For now, I wait...and drink!  There is always a silver lining, right?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment