Saturday, 25 August 2012

10 Weeks, 3 Days - the Hematoma is Shrinking

I had another follow-up ultrasound yesterday at 10 weeks, 2 days.  The hematoma has gotten much smaller! It went from 3.6 x 1.4 x 4.0 cm on August 13, to 1.6 x 1.6 x 0.6 cm yesterday!  That is great progress, and a really good sign.  The doctor that I saw yesterday (my RE was out of town) said that it is consistent with the SCH being reabsorbed and hopefully, going away. 
I guess it's also consistent with my symptoms lately...the spotting has really let up.  In fact, I didn't spot at all for 6 days last week!  It came back a bit yesterday, but barely.  I could only see it on the prometrium applicator, if I looked very closely.  The cramps have also let up.  They seem to be milder, and less frequent.
As for Bug, he is doing famously.  His heart rate was perfect at 182.  We saw him dancing on the ultrasound!  He was kicking his little legs, and flailing his arms - it was the most prescious thing I have ever seen in my entire life.  :)  He is still measuring one day ahead.  Here he is:

I was discharged from my fertility clinic today.  I will continue to see my RE though, as she has a dual practice as an OB.  I like her, and I like the idea of staying with someone who knows our history, and who is familiar with the fertility issues as well.  So, I have another ultrasound and follow-up appointment with her next week. 
I am starting to let myself hope, which to be honest, scares the sh!t out of me.  I mean, I have always hoped - it is what has gotten me this far.  I have hoped that the hematoma would get smaller; and hoped that Bug would still be there, healthy and strong, at my next appointment.  I have hoped and prayed that I will not miscarry.  I have not, however, let myself actually believe that everything might be okay - that I might hold Bug someday, and see him/her smile.  I have not allowed myself to picture that happy ending.  And well, I am starting to now. 
Don't get me wrong, I am still terrified.  I will probably continue to live with that fear at least until the hematoma is gone, and until I make it to 2nd tri unscathed (1 1/2 weeks!).  But now, I can see that maybe, just maybe, everything will be okay.  Maybe. 
Bug and I might just make it through this, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment